Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight Movie Review


Ok...so for my birthday Mike and I went and watched Twilight. It wasn't the book but I liked it. I don't want to give away any spoilers so this may be short and sweet. Mike thinks that he liked it better than I did. I don't know about that. Kristen Stewart is the perfect Bella. She did an awsome job. I still have my reservations on Robert Pattinson, I didn't love him for Edward...which very well could be the reason why I didn't love the movie. The Humans were all great. I loved all of her high school friends and think they completely met my expectations. As far as the vampires go...I loved the nomads...and I loved the changes they made to that part of the story. I wish we saw a little more of the cullens and that they spoke more. I wanted more Alice and Emmett because I love them! Jasper was a little awkward but I understand what they were going for so it was fine. Rosalie did a good job, but she wasn't my Rosalie. I did think there were a few wierd transition/flow areas in the movie. I wouldn't exactly say that is was slow moving...but it didn't keep me captivated and on the edge of my seat either. I understand that to make the movie more exciting they were going to have to change some scenes. There were a few scenes that they changed that I wish they would have suck more closely to the book. Not necessarily exactly like the book...but closer than they did. Mike wants me to add that the acting of Bella was better than expecting and the scenery masde him want to live there. The rain turned me off but...thats ok we just bought a house and don't plan moving anytime soon so I shouldn't be too worried.

3 comments:

Michele and Wyatt said...

I would bet that I probably liked the movie better than you did, but I didn't have any expectations since I haven't read the book yet. I did, however, make me want to read the book and get more background on all the characters.

the blogger said...

Thank goodness, no spoilers. You expected Rosalie to be your Rosalie?! Just by looking at the picture of her I knew she wouldnt be... I mean shes supposed to be the most beautiful person on Earth...and is she? I say nay. You already know this but...I expect the movie to have changes, I wont like, some of them even on the previews... From the look of James, Victoria, and Luarent ...Laurent is not supposed to be black, no such thing as a black vampire; Victorias hair is not red enough, James's hair is too long and too blonde. How was the music of the movie? As good as you expected? So Mike likes it better than you...that says something. Well Im excited

Nicole said...

jodi,
i'm totally obsessed!!!! i got bobby to read the book with me and see the movie.


have a great christmas!